- Features We Like
- Q & A
This Stubben offers the unique and effective feature of the rigid effect. For more detail on this action, read the Features we Like Tab.
Stubben EZ Control Loose Ring Snaffle Bit Features:
- With a loose ring bit, the mouthpiece is not fixed in one position and the horse can therefore more easily play with the bit
- The free sliding rings of the Loose Ring Snaffle enable the horse to adjust the position of the bit in his mouth
- This tends to make the horse relax his jaw and chew the bit, thus encouraging the horse to accept the bit
- When picking up the reins, the rings move so that the bit is automatically positioned correctly
- Functions as a snaffle with light rein pressure
- Has a rigid effect and functions as a mullen mouth when pressure is increased
- Acts on the lips, tongue and bars
- Excellent training bit with light snaffle effects changing to increased tongue pressure of the mullen mouth
- Horses that tend to get strong are corrected by a change of pressure points in the mouth
- Thickness: 16mm / Ring size: 70mm
Why we recommend the Stubben Loose Ring Snaffle Rigid Effect Bit...
- EZ Control Stubben offers the Easy Control rigid effect bits that we found were extremely popular (and effective) last season. The Easy (EZ) Control system is a locking device that allows a double broken mouthpiece to turn into a rigid mouthpiece and so gives the rider more leverage and better response from the horse. Then, once the horse is on the bit again and accepts the rider's aids, the EZ control system stops being activated and the mouthpiece reverts back to being a regular double broken one. The EZ control system allows the rider to preserve control when needed without however having to use too severe a bit
- The Easy Control bit is well suited for horses that tend to pull forward too much. It is very useful to show-jumpers because it can help re-collecting the horse before the jump without having to exert too much pressure. The rider does not have to pull hard on the reins. A simple tension turns the double jointed mouthpiece into a rigid bar. The action is then similar to a Mullen mouth bit.
- The EZ Control loose ring can be used as well during the training of young horses. Many of them indeed begin to correct themselves as soon as the mouthpiece turns into a rigid bar.
- With children, the EZ control system allows the young rider to use a double broken loose ring while enabling him to apply pressure easily (without the necessity for much strength) when the pony is too strong or disobedient