Saddle Trial Policy
- A credit card is required for all saddle trials.
- Up to three (3) saddles may be taken out on trial at one time.
- All new and used saddles can be taken on trial for up to 7 days. The trial period starts when customer receives the saddle.
- Trial periods may be extended in extenuating circumstances. Please contact the store, during business hours, prior to the 7th day of the trial period to confirm an extension is available.
- Saddles not returned within 10 days will be considered sold and the credit card provided will be charged for the full retail price of the saddle plus any applicable taxes.
- Please take care to protect the condition of the saddle. On new saddles, please wrap stirrup leathers to prevent marking the flaps. On all saddles, do not ride in rain, snow or other adverse weather conditions.
- All saddles must be returned clean, and in same condition they left the store in. Saddles returned with excessive wear and tear may incur a charge of up to 10% of the retail price of the saddle. Dirty saddles will incur a $25 cleaning fee.
- Please wipe down saddles with only a damp cloth. Most manufacturers require only brand-specific products be used to clean saddles.
Shipping Trial Saddles
- Most saddles can be shipped to the customer for trial. The 7-day trial period starts when the saddle is received.
- It is not necessary to purchase a saddle in order to trial it but a credit card is required.
- Saddles are shipped via UPS and may require a signature for delivery.
- The cost of shipping one-way is $75 for one saddle and $100 for two saddles. The customer is charged for shipping when the saddle is shipped.
- If a trial saddle is returned, Strafford Saddlery must be notified of the tracking number.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of returning trial saddle(s). Return shipping labels are available from Strafford Saddlery at the cost of $75 for one saddle and $100 for two saddles.